Guru Purnima 2022: The word that brings light to everyone’s life is Guru or Teachers. They play a vital role by enlightening students’ life with their knowledge and guidance. Guru Purnima is an important day in the Hindu calendar that celebrates the Gurus.
In this blog post today we discuss Guru Purnima and their date and timing. This year Guru Purnima is celebrated on 13 July 2022, Wednesday.
What Is Guru Purnima?
Guru Purnima is also recognized by the name of Vyasa Purnima. It is the day dedicated to the celebration of the Guru or teacher, who guide or mentor and share their knowledge with the students and make them successful in their life. Guru Purnima is a Sanskrit word that is comprised of ‘Guru’ which means destroyer of darkness and ‘Purnima’ means a full moon. Guru Purnima always comes in the month of Ashadha (June or July).
Guru Purnima 2022 – Date, Timing And Muhurta
This auspicious day is celebrated on Purnima which means full moon and this year it will be on July 13, 2022.
Main Tithi and Timing Table –
|Guru Purnima starts on||13 July 2022 at 04:01 AM|
|Guru Purnima ends on||14 July 2022 at 12:01 AM|
What Are Some Tips For Celebrating Guru Purnima 2022?
There are a few things that you can do to celebrate Guru Purnima with the right spirit which we mentioned below –
- First, remember to be respectful of your Gurus or teachers, and don’t forget to wish them ‘Happy Guru Purnima’.
- Many schools and colleges organize debates and speech competitions on Guru Purnima with attractive prizes.
- In Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism, this auspicious day is celebrated in different ways. They wake up early at Bramhamuhurtam at 4 AM and start meditation and pooja in respect of their Gurus.
- Sadhu Saints celebrated this day by organizing Satsang or Jagran whole day to dedicate their prayer to their respective Gurus.
- Another thing that you can do on Guru Purnima is devoted time to meditation, prayer, and connecting with your teacher or gurus. Hug them, tell them how much you love them, and share some gentle words of wisdom together.
What Are The Main Events Happening On Guru Purnima 2022?
Many organizations like schools and colleges organize many events and cultural programs to celebrate Guru Purnima. These events include prayers, Satsang, Jagrans, sacrifices, and celebrations. Some of the most important events that happen on this day include the lighting of lamps and the reading of scriptures.
What Are The Wishes That Hindus Pray For On Guru Purnima?
On Guru Purnima, Hindus pray for peace, prosperity, and happiness. They also ask for guidance and blessings in their personal lives.
Why do we celebrate Guru Purnima?
We celebrate Guru Purnima to give a respectful gesture to our Gurus or Teachers.
What is the meaning of Guru Purnima?
Guru Purnima is a Sanskrit word that depicts different meanings – ‘Guru’ which means destroyer of darkness and ‘Purnima’ means a full moon.
What to eat on Guru Purnima 2022?
In many different cultures and traditions, peoples eat different foods but most commonly eating food is fruits, khichdi, halwa, puri, and kheer.
Can we do a fast on Guru Purnima?
Yes! Many peoples fast on this auspicious day and eat only fruits.