Special days in March 2022 | March important days 2022 | Important dates in march 2022 : Today in this blog post, we are discussing all the important or special days in the month of March.
As in many exams like NTPC, SSC CHSL, GD, CGL, UPSC, State exams, many questions are asked from important days. These important days lists will be very helpful in your exam preparations.
Important days list or special days in March 2022
- March 01, 2022 – WCD Day (World Civil Defence Day), Maha Shivratri, Zero Discrimination Day (ZDD) & Self Injury Awareness Day
- March 03, 2022 – WH Day (World Hearing Day) & WW Day (World Wildlife Day)
- March 04, 2022 – Ramakrishna Jayanti (For Swami vivekananda), NSS (National Safety Day) & Employee Appreciation Day
- March 08, 2022 – International Women’s Day
- March 09, 2022 – NS Day (No Smoking Day)
- March 10, 2022 – World Kidney Day and CISF Raising Day
- March 12, 2022 – Mauritius Day
- March 14, 2022 – Pi Day & International Day of Action for Rivers
- March 15, 2022 – WCR Day (World Consumer Rights Day)
- March 16, 2022 – NV Day (National Vaccination Day)
- March 18, 2022 – Ordnance Factories Day (India) and WSD (World Sleep Day)
- March 20, 2022 – IDH (International Day of Happiness), World Oral Health (WOH) Day, and World Sparrow Day
- March 21, 2022 – WPD (World Poetry Day), WFD (World Forestry Day) as well as World Down Syndrome (WDS Day) Day
- March 22, 2022 – World Water Day
- March 23, 2022 – WM Day (World Meteorological Day) – climate-related
- March 24, 2022 – WTB Day or World Tuberculosis Day (TB Day)
- March 25, 2022 – IDUC (International Day of Unborn Child)
- March 26, 2022 – PDE (Purple Day of Epilepsy)
- March 27, 2022 – World Theatre Day
All the Themes & Significance of special days in March 2022
Zero Discrimination Day
- Celebrated on – March 01, 2022
- Theme 2022 – To incorporate equality among citizens the theme is ‘Remove laws that harm, create laws that empower’, this theme is enforcing citizens security in terms of their rights.
- Significance – The main objective of celebrating zero discrimination day is to spreading equality among everyone. Firstly, this is celebrated on March 01, 2014.
- Celebrated on – March 03, 2022
- The latest Theme of the year 2022 is – Trending theme for this year is ‘Recovering key species for ecosystem restoration’.
- Significance – By celebrating this day, we spread the message of conserving wildlife species all over the world.
National Safety Day or Week
- Celebrated on – March 04, 2022
- Theme 2022 – Sadak Suraksha – Jeevan Raksha
- Significance – This day is celebrated the whole week to inform people of the safety regarding health and environment.
International Women’s Day
- Celebrated on – March 08, 2022
- Theme 2022 – Women of Tomorrow
- Significance – The celebration to represent women’s roles in society and their achievements.
Must read – Part time jobs for students
No Smoking Day
- Celebrated on – March 09, 2022
- Significance – The day is celebrated with the purpose to inspire people to quit smoking. On this day many awareness programs are organized in colleges, offices, and other organizations to inform people about the harmful effects of smoking.
CISF Raising Day
- Celebrated on – March 10, 2022
- Significance – This day is celebrated for CISF (Central Industrial Security Force) foundation.
- Celebrated on – March 14, 2022
- Significance – The invention of the mathematical notation ‘pi’ is commemorated on this day.
World Consumer Rights Day (WCR Day)
- Date for this year – March 15, 2022
- Theme 2022 – The theme for this year is ‘Fair Digital Finance’.
- Significance – On this day, many workshops are organized to inform people about their consumer rights. The inspiration to celebrate world consumer rights day is taken from John F Kennedy.
National Vaccination Day
- Celebrated on – March 16, 2022
- Significance – NVD (National vaccination day) or NID (National immunization day) is notable or celebrated to spread the importance of taking vaccines to reduce symptoms of any diseases. In the year, this day is celebrated in the month of march dated 16th March, as the first vaccine or vaccination program held in 1995 as an oral polio vaccination.
World Sleep Day
- Celebrated on – March 18, 2022
- Significance – The day represents the importance of sleep in our daily life. Many doctors and sleep specialists discuss the issues associated with the lack of sleep and also suggest solutions or remedies for good and peaceful sleep.
International Day of Happiness (IDH)
- Date or Celebrated on – March 20, 2022
- Significance – International day of happiness is celebrated every year to spread the message about the importance of happiness in our life. To remain happy is right for everyone, but sometimes due to daily hustle-bustle, we forget to smile. Lack of happiness leads to many deleterious diseases.
World Sparrow Day
- Date – March 20, 2022
- Significance – The main objective to celebrate world sparrow day on March 20, is to spread awareness about sparrow bird conservation among everyone.
World Oral Health Day
- Date – March 20, 2022
- 2022 Theme – To encourage mouth health the theme is ‘Be proud of your mouth’
- Significance – To be aware of people’s mouth or oral health. To encourage them to take care of their oral health and also involve in regular checkups.
World Forestry Day
- Date – March 21, 2022
- Significance – Forests play a vital role in our ecosystem. They balance all the living cycles on earth.
World Water Day
- Celebrated on – March 22, 2022
- Significance – Water holds 91 percent of our ecosystem, now you imagine yourself, how important is this element? World water day is celebrated to highlight the importance of water in our daily life. Many international meetings were held on this day to discuss solutions to tackle water scarcity.
World Meteorological Day
- Celebrated on – March 23, 2022
- Theme 2022 – Early warning and Early action
- Significance – World meteorological day is celebrated to talk about climate change and how to make it viable for every living being.
World Tuberculosis Day or TB day
- Celebrated on – March 24, 2022
- Significance – World TB day is celebrated every year to inform people about Tuberculosis, its harmful effects, and how to cure it.