Indian Coast Guard – Special Recruitment Drive (SRD) For Batch – 2020-21
Indian Coast Guard provides very good oppurtunities for youths to start their career. They release various Jobs every years.
The Indian coast Guard Special Recruitment offers challenging career to young and dynamic Indian male candidates for General Duty branch as an Assistant Commandant (Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer).
The candidate must have following below qualifications for the Posts.
Exam – General Duty
SC – 05, ST – 14, OBC – 06
a. The Candidates must passed Bachelor’s degree from recognized university with minimum 60% marks in aggregates.
b. Mathematics and Physics as subjects up to intermediate or class 12th of 10+2+3 scheme of education or equivalent with 60% aggregate in Mathematics and Physics. (Candidates who does not studied Physics and Mathematics in 10+2 or equivalent level are not eligible for General Duty).
Gender – Male
Age Group – Born between 01 July 1996 to 30 June 2000 (Both date are inclusives).
a. Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
b. Maximum 5% relaxation in aggregates in the degree certificate for SC/ST candidates. No relaxation is applicable for 12th class marks.
c. Indian Coast Guard reserves the right to fix the cut off percentage for issue of PSB call up letters.
Eligibility Additional Criteria –
a. The Priority given to candidates with higher percentage of marks.
b. The candidates who cleared their f inal year/ final semester exams and completed their degrees are to apply.
c. The candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy are not eligible to appear.
d. The candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
e. Free boarding & Lodging facility for the duration of FSB will be provided. To & Fro rail fares (AC III Tier/Chair car) or actual bus fare to the candidates appearing in FSB (Stage-II) will be reimbursed as per GOI policy.
How To Apply
Only ONLINE Application will be accepted from 0001 hrs on 21 Dec to 27 Dec 2020 upto 2359 hrs.
The name of candidate, father/mother’s names and date of birth should be same as mentioned in the Xth class passing certificate.
Indicate exact percentage of XIIth and Graduation marks upto two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
The Candidates have to choose any one centre for PSB out of the options displayed.
The Candidates must have to fill information like personal email ID/ CG Recruitment website.
The Candidates current or permanent address should be same.
In case of OBC non-creamy layer (NCL), the category certificate should not be more than 3 financial years old and for such cases renewed/fresh certificate to be produced.
ONLINE Application Procedure
1. Candidate need to log on to the website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.inand click on “oppurtunities” button.
2. Select the advertisement for “Recruitment of Assistant Commandant – 02/2021 Batch (SRD)”.
3. Select the post (Asst. Commandant General Duty – Male) to be applied.
4.Click on the ‘I Agree’ button and online application will be displayed.
5. The Candidates have to upload photograph and signature in jpeg format (image quality 200 dpi). The size of the photograph and signature must be between 10 kb to 40 kb and 10 kb to 30 kb respectively.
6. On successful submission of the online application a unique Application/Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidates must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval/ reprint of e-admit card. The candidates are to take print out of the E-admit card through URL https://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspxfrom 06 Jan 2021 onwards.
7. The candidates are required to bring two copies of system generated E-Admit card with recent identical photograph with blue background (not older than 03 months).
8. The candidates shall bring all original documents and keep one application form ready along with photo copies of all documents required i.e. class Xth certificate and mark sheet showing date of birth, XIIth class certificate along with mark sheet showing subjects, Degree certificates showing percentage of marks, caste certificates wherever required and NCC ‘C’ Certificate duly attested. Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of PSB and FSB shall not be permitted to appear in the exam.
a. Coast guard selection Board, C-1, Near Indus Valley Public School, Sector-62, Noida, UP – 201 309.
b. Coast guard Regional headquarters (West), Worli Sea Face, PO- Worli Colony, Mumbai – 400 030.
c. Coast Guard Store Depot, CG Complex, Near Kalmandapam Police Station, GM Pettai Road, Royapuram, Chennai – 600013.
d. Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (North East), Synthesis Business Park, 6th floor, Shrachi Building, New Town, Rajarhat, Kolkata – 700 161.
Schedule for the Preliminary Selection Examination
The candidates have to reach the allotted centre at least 30 minutes prior to starting of Exam. The date and time of the examination will be intimated through Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
The Preliminary Selection will be conducted tentatively from 20 Jan 2021 to 20 Feb 2021 at following centres of Indian coast guard mention just above.
Selection will be held in some stages, which will be discussing below :
Stage – I
a. Short Listing of Application
The Candidates will be shortlisted based on higher percentage of marks in qualifying examination and qualifying cut off may be increased more than 60% if more applications with higher % are received.
b. Preliminary Selection
The Shortlisted Candidates will be called for the Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will be consists of Mental Ability Test/Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT).
The aptitude test will be held in English language only and of Objective type.
The Date/time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage.
Stage – II
Final Selection – Only Preliminary qualified candidates called for final selection. The date and venue for final selection Board (FSB) will be uploaded on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
The final selection will be conducted tentatively from End feb to mid Apr 2021.
All selected candidates undergo medical examination at nearest Military Hospital as per medical standard.
a. Height Assistant Commandant (GD) 157 cms minimum
b. Weight Proportionate to the height and age, +10% or -10% acceptable.
c. Chest Well proportionate, minimum expansion 5 cms.
d. Eye Sight Asst Commandant (GD) –
6/6 6/9 – Uncorrected without Glass
6/6 6/6 – Corrected with Glass.
e. Tattoo Candidates having permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body. Certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas/ communities as declared by the Govt. of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the Coast Guard Recruitment website
A merit list will be prepared for the medically fit candidates on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidates at FSB and depending upon the availability of vacancies.
Start of Online application – 21 Dec 2020 from 0001 Hrs.
Closing date of application – 27 Dec 2020 upto 2359 Hrs.
For other details, you can visit website of Indian Coast Guard – www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.